Please join us and welcome Gina Maniscalco of Clarendon Early Education Services, Inc. to the National CACFP Forum Leadership Council.
Gina started her journey in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) in the early child care community then on July 22, 2009 she started a new role as a home monitor with Clarendon Early Education Services, Inc. She has worn many hats including the opportunity to work as the Field Supervisor to home monitors. "I find my job very rewarding and I am able to mentor and play a supportive role to our CACFP monitors and providers. I am committed to learning even more and advocating for the Child and Adult Care Food Program, CACFP."
Gina tells us she loves attending the different CACFP conferences and finds them very informative and always come back with enthusiasm. She feels that together we can continue to teach our providers how to serve healthy and nutritional meals while continuing education on CACFP policies, procedures and best practices.
Gina has several passions; but right now it is Farm to Table. She is currently taking the lead and working with local farmers to get her program's providers involved with purchasing local produce and fruits. "This is a way to teach our children the value of eating fresh produce and fruits and how we all can support each other."
Gina is very excited to be a part of the CACFP Leadership Council and developing even more leadership and advocacy skills to use in her position at Clarendon and the CACFP and Child Care Community.
This past week in Washington D. C. many CACFP leaders came together to learn, exchange ideas, get inspired and be motivated. That they did, with too many moments to do the conference justice, leading us to mostly focuses on the CACFP Leaderrship Conference moments.
Top 10 CACFP Forum Moments at the CACFP Leadership Conference during the #hungerpc18 Anti-Hunger Policy Conference.
10. National CACFP Forum Board welcomes new board member Margaret McDonald, Clarendon to her first National CACFP Forum Board meeting during the CACFP Leadership Conference held in conjunction with the Anti Hunger Leadershp Conference.
9. National Sponsor Association President Senta Hester, Our Daily Bread shares the National CACFP Week news. Successful Strategies in CACFP with Susana Reza, Donna Pomerson and Sonja Carvalho drew raves as they shared what is working to get the job done in CACFP.
8. Alliance for a Healthier Generation, Partnership for a Healthier America, American Heart Association, USDA Food and Nutrition Service, Food Marketing Institute, Georgia Food Bank Association, The Food Trust, University of Chicago, Food Nutrition & Policy Consultants, National CACFP Forum presented information on Selecting, Purchasing, and Accessing Affordable Healthy Foods for CACFP Child Care and Afterschool Programs. Smart Food Planner Calculators Food Buying Guide App and so many more resources and ideas coming your way.
7. Julie Schuell, Nemours Foundation talked Project Hope,
6. Launch of the Child and the Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Birthday Celebration on May 8, 2018.
5. CACFP Policy and Advocacy conversation closing with a CACFP march to the hill to visit representatives.
4. USDA FNS presence brought updates and conversation on Resources, Policy, Training, Procurement, Food Crediting, CN Labels, Food Buying Guide, After School.
3. Lunch Plenary Speakers: Matt Knott, President, Feeding America w Jim Weill, President, FRAC Plenary Address: Charles Blow, New York Times Columnist w Moderator: Fatima Goss Graves, President and CEO of the National Women’s Law Center Rep. James P. McGovern (D-MA) w Jared Bernstein, Senior Fellow, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, former Chief Economist and Economic Adviser to Vice President Joseph Biden w Denise Forte, Senior Fellow, The Century Foundation, former Staff Director, House Education and the Workforce Committee (Minority) w Eric Rodriguez, Vice President, Unidos US (formerly National Council of La Raza) w Jim Weill, President, FRAC (Moderator) Eileen Hyde Director, Hunger and Healthy Eating, Walmart Foundation, w Kris Charles, Senior Vice President, w Global Corporate Affairs, Kellogg Company blew everyone away.
2. National CACFP Friend of the Forum award presentation to Chris Clark, Tom Clark, T&L Foundation for Child Care Information.
1. Meeting with new and old CACFP and Nutrition Program friends and colleagues
What were your favorite moments of the Anti Hunger Policy Conference?
See you next year at the Anti Hunger Policy Conference.