Happy 50th Birthday CACFP
During 2018 we will celebrate CACFP's Birthday and create CACFP Awareness!Download and use the materials and ideas found on this webpage to help celebrate the Child and Adult Care Food Program's 50th Birthday!
National Birthday Card
Have your name and logo added to the National CACFP 50th Birthday Card when you fill in the requested information. The birthday card and signatures will be posted in social media and newsletters throughout the celebration.
Mosaic Birthday Card Celebration
Where to next...National CACFP 50th Birthday Card
1 Year Free Membership Birthday Gift
Birthday Cards and Ideas
Ideas and tools for use in community and media
How to celebrate CACFP's 50th Birthday
- All: Follow Birthday Steps 1-4 (above) 1. Save the Date 2. Pick a logo 3. Send out Birthday Cards 4. Share with the community
- All: Sign the National CACFP Birthday Card
- All: Post or Email a picture of your Healthy Birthday Cake and have it posted on the birthday webpage get some ideas here
- All: Invite staff, providers and children to create and sign a Healthy CACFP Birthday card and send it to your representatives or to us and we will. Send us a picture. (site visit monitors can do this on visits)
- All: Share every celebration moment on social media, with the press or with the Forum if you don't use social media, email us a picture and we will put it in the National CACFP Forum 50th Birthday Album that will be posted in social media and the Forum website
- All: Organize a Run/Walk with staff and families “CACFP Run/Walk” with a healthy birthday snack at the end! Happy CACFP 50th Birthday Fun/Run Walk
- All: Have a Healthiest CACFP 50th Birthday Party with CACFP creditable food items and lots of physical activities
- All: Make CACFP Happy Birthday Signs and take a Picture and send it to your Providers, Food Program, your State Agency, USDA
- All: Order CACFP Birthday Wristbands
- All: Email a birthday card to staff, providers, families
- All: Request a Site Visit with your representatives: Whether you are having or making a visit to an elected official or the press, have your awareness fact sheet available. Leave an "Awareness Leave Behind Sheet"
- All: Get in the local news with your CACFP Birthday Celebration, materials and ideas here
- Sponsors: Organize a "healthy birthday cake/muffin/snack recipe" contest among the organization. Have the judges be Child Care Providers or Parents. Then have a pot luck lunch/dinner/snack.
- Sponsor Staff: Vote for your favorite fruits and vegetables: Offer a selection of fruits and vegetables cut into bite-size pieces. Ask participants to vote for their favorite vegetable and fruit. Post a tally board to record votes.
- Sponsor: Organize a Run/Walk with staff and family “CACFP Run/Walk” providers can do the same. With a healthy birthday snack at the end!
- Sponsor: Give Providers handouts for the parents about CACFP and/or child nutrition tips. Example
Make a Sign, take a Pic and Post #CACFP50
USE 1. 2. 3. 4 above
Use these Fun Birthday Celebration Ideas