This past week in Washington D. C. many CACFP leaders came together to learn, exchange ideas, get inspired and be motivated. That they did, with too many moments to do the conference justice, leading us to mostly focuses on the CACFP Leaderrship Conference moments.
Top 10 CACFP Forum Moments at the CACFP Leadership Conference during the #hungerpc18 Anti-Hunger Policy Conference.
10. National CACFP Forum Board welcomes new board member Margaret McDonald, Clarendon to her first National CACFP Forum Board meeting during the CACFP Leadership Conference held in conjunction with the Anti Hunger Leadershp Conference.
9. National Sponsor Association President Senta Hester, Our Daily Bread shares the National CACFP Week news. Successful Strategies in CACFP with Susana Reza, Donna Pomerson and Sonja Carvalho drew raves as they shared what is working to get the job done in CACFP.
8. Alliance for a Healthier Generation, Partnership for a Healthier America, American Heart Association, USDA Food and Nutrition Service, Food Marketing Institute, Georgia Food Bank Association, The Food Trust, University of Chicago, Food Nutrition & Policy Consultants, National CACFP Forum presented information on Selecting, Purchasing, and Accessing Affordable Healthy Foods for CACFP Child Care and Afterschool Programs. Smart Food Planner Calculators Food Buying Guide App and so many more resources and ideas coming your way.
7. Julie Schuell, Nemours Foundation talked Project Hope,
6. Launch of the Child and the Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Birthday Celebration on May 8, 2018.
5. CACFP Policy and Advocacy conversation closing with a CACFP march to the hill to visit representatives.
4. USDA FNS presence brought updates and conversation on Resources, Policy, Training, Procurement, Food Crediting, CN Labels, Food Buying Guide, After School.
3. Lunch Plenary Speakers: Matt Knott, President, Feeding America w Jim Weill, President, FRAC Plenary Address: Charles Blow, New York Times Columnist w Moderator: Fatima Goss Graves, President and CEO of the National Women’s Law Center Rep. James P. McGovern (D-MA) w Jared Bernstein, Senior Fellow, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, former Chief Economist and Economic Adviser to Vice President Joseph Biden w Denise Forte, Senior Fellow, The Century Foundation, former Staff Director, House Education and the Workforce Committee (Minority) w Eric Rodriguez, Vice President, Unidos US (formerly National Council of La Raza) w Jim Weill, President, FRAC (Moderator) Eileen Hyde Director, Hunger and Healthy Eating, Walmart Foundation, w Kris Charles, Senior Vice President, w Global Corporate Affairs, Kellogg Company blew everyone away.
2. National CACFP Friend of the Forum award presentation to Chris Clark, Tom Clark, T&L Foundation for Child Care Information.
1. Meeting with new and old CACFP and Nutrition Program friends and colleagues
What were your favorite moments of the Anti Hunger Policy Conference?
See you next year at the Anti Hunger Policy Conference.
Leave a Reply.